Simply Dynamics offers three Dynamics NAV upgrade options:
Side by Side
We upgrade your existing NAV version to Dynamics NAV 2017, like for like. This means that all previous modifications and customisations are automatically carried over to the new and improved version of Dynamics NAV. There is peace of mind in this option knowing that all tweaks you put effort into down the years will not be lost after your upgrade.
One of the exciting new features in NAV 2016 was Extensions. This enables customisation of your NAV system without modifying the core NAV product. What this means is that when the time comes to upgrade, the job is much easier because your core system is not modified. With Simply Dynamics you can refactor your existing modifications and instead start using Extensions as part of the upgrade. Future upgrades are made much simpler and hence more cost effective.
Sometimes you might want to scrap all your existing system changes and start afresh. We facilitate this with a fresh install of Dynamics NAV. As part of this process we consult with you to facilitate using as much of the standard system as possible. This makes future NAV upgrades much easier.
This is possible because newer versions of NAV will have new features which in the past would have meant bespoke work.
Support and Features
The buttons below link to the Microsoft website providing information on all NAV versions with support end date and comparison of features.
Nav Version history
New features 2017
- Office 365 integration. Dynamics NAV 2017 includes an add-in so you can invoice customers based on entries in your Outlook calendar. From a calendar appointment, you can open the Dynamics NAV add-in and get an overview for the customer associated with the appointment. Then, you can create and send an invoice for the services provided in the meeting – all of this happening right there in the Outlook calendar. It also works for attachments and Contacts within NAV 2017 and Outlook are synchronised.
- Embedded Power BI. Use embedded Power BI to create insightful charts and reports using Power BI and make them available within your Dynamics NAV 2017 Role Center.
- E everything
- Power Apps
- Improved incoming documents with OCR support for document lines
- Ability to cancel sales invoices, credit notes and purchase orders as well as smarter sales and purchase documents
- Enhanced user experience
New features 2016
Some of the new features in NAV 2016 included:
- Enhanced approval workflows. Workflow enables you to design and execute business processes within the application system. For example, users can be automatically notified if a shipment is delayed or whether a customer has exceeded his payment terms.
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM integration: No more need for an external connector, Microsoft Dynamics NAV now connects directly with Dynamics CRM
- Deferral Accounting. On the financial side, NAV 2016 automatically defers revenues and expenses over a predefined schedule. Revenues and expenses can be recognised in periods other than the transaction posting period.
- Mobile app Visit the Simply Dynamics Mobile App page for more information
- Document management. Capture, find and store documents using document capture or an optical character recognition (OCR) service enabling the creation of invoices or other NAV entries automatically
- Power BI Integration Visit the Simply Dynamics Power BI page for more information