Microsoft released the latest version of their server operating system in October 2016.
Windows Server 2016 includes many new features and capabilities and will be the platform of choice for server environments in 2017.
As with any new Windows Server release Dynamics NAV compatibility has to be tested and Microsoft recently announced that the following versions of NAV are supported on Server 2016;
- Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2017,
- Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2016,
- Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2015,
- Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2013 R2, and
- Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2013
This applies to the following editions of Windows Server
- Standard Edition
- Essentials Edition
- Datacenter Edition
If you are running on an older version of Dynamics NAV now is an opportune time to plan an upgrade .