So what is Microsoft Dynamics 365 and why might it be of use to you?
As you might have guessed with Office 365 being cloud-based, Microsoft Dynamics 365 is a completely cloud-based product or SaaS. Dynamics 365 combines Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and Business Intelligence (BI) solutions into a single online solution. Dynamics 365 includes apps to help businesses manage sales, marketing, field service, accounts and operations.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 targets two distinct markets
- Organisations with under 250 employees - called the Business Edition
- Organisations with (you've guessed it) over 250 employees - called the Enterprise Edition
The Business Edition is primarily a SaaS based Microsoft Dynamics NAV solution. The Enterprise Edition is a combination of the more complex Dynamics AX and CRM products. As we in Simply Dynamics are Microsoft Dynamics NAV specialists, we focus on the Business Edition.
So basically Microsoft Dynamics 365 enables organisations to have access to all elements of an ERP system on a by user basis. So each user may be licensed for the functionality they need eg finance staff for accounting or sales and marketing for the CRM element.
Benefits of Dynamics 365
- Dynamics 365 offers all the benefits of moving your business online, including fixed monthly fee. (See our blog on 10 reasons why your ERP system should be in the cloud for more benefits of moving to the cloud).
- Cost savings - no need for large servers or data centres
- Access from anywhere at anytime (yes, the 365 in the title!)
- Quick to deploy
- Integrated with Office 365
- Business continuity - your data is secure in the Microsoft cloud (Azure) and backed up. So if anything happens you can get backup and running quickly
Microsoft Dynamics 365 is being launched on 11th October in the USA and will be available in Ireland next year. Talk to us to find out how it can benefit your business.